You’ve finished up grilling your sausages, burgers and veg, and left your guests with lovely full tummies. But then comes the dreaded question – what’s for dessert?
Summer BBQ dessert ideas can be hard to think up. Year after year, we try to get creative with what dessert we can cook on the dying embers of the BBQ.
Well, not this year! Groundbreakingly original, our quick and easy pineapple dessert recipe is the perfect way to top off your BBQ. The spice of the cinnamon, sweetness of the maple syrup, and buttery-ness of the Anchor makes this the perfect summer dessert treat.
What will I need?
- 1 whole pineapple, skin removed & cut into chunky fingers
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 75ml maple syrup
- 100g Anchor block butter
And for added deliciousness
- Anchor squirty cream
- Grated chocolate
This will be enough to serve 6.
How to BBQ pineapple
- Just because the coals are dying out doesn't mean the BBQ is over! Pop a skillet/griddle pan on the BBQ and get heating!
- Add Anchor, cinnamon, and maple syrup to the pan and let melt while giving it a good stir.
- Add your pineapple fingers to the melted buttery betterness and cook for 8-10 mins, flipping half way and coating with the sticky sauce until golden.
- Serve with Anchor squirty cream, and drizzle over any leftover sticky sauce and grated chocolate for extra scrumptiousness. Desserts don't get more dapper than this!
- Show us your creations on Instagram – it’s @anchor_dairy with #AnchorBBQ!
Anchor Hack Alert - Keep any leftover pineapple for the perfect breakfast yogurt topper!
If you’re confused about how you can BBQ pineapple, you’re not alone – with the disaster of veg falling apart on the grill, it’s no mean feat to toss a pineapple on there. But don’t worry – we got you.
The best way to BBQ a pineapple is to cheat – yep, just grab a pan from the kitchen and pop that on the grill! It works perfectly to make sure you don’t lose any of your delicious sweetness in the flames, while still allowing you to make use of the end of your BBQ heat. Simply add your prepared pineapple to the pan, cook until done and enjoy!