If you’re planning a terror-iffic film fest with the family this weekend, have a blast making our yummy Spooky Fingers!
This tasty Halloween dinner recipe is certain to get you and the kids in that horror-ific mood! Our spooky hot dog fingers are a delicious combination of savoury and sweet buttery betterness, perfect to enjoy while watching your favourite Halloween film!
What will I need?
- 8 hot dogs in brine
- 320g puff pastry
- Anchor spreadable, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- Ketchup and hot sauce to serve
This will be enough to serve 8 hot dogs.
How to make Spooky Fingers
- Whack up the heat on your oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°F, then boil a big pan of water.
- Now to get your goulish art hat on! Take a sausage and cut out a fingernail shape at the top end before peeling away. Make 3 curved notches in the middle of the sausage to create your knuckles. Then, cut two lines underneath the nail and then towards the bottom of the sausage to make joints.
- Bob your 'fingers' in the boiling water, knock down to a simmer and cook for 5 mins.
- Unroll your puff pastry and cut into thin strips - the more uneven, the better. Now, time to get wrapping! Wrap 1-2 strips around each hot dog, leaving the fingernail clean.
- Lay your bandaged fingers on a lined baking tray. Mix melted Anchor butter with honey, spread over the bandages and pop in the oven for 15 mins.
- Once cooked, brush with more Anchor buttery goodness, then add a dollop of ketchup or hot sauce here and there to look like blood! This really does take finger food to a new level!
- Show us your creations on Instagram – it’s @anchor_dairy with #MovieMatches!