This delicious chocolate mug cake is the perfect easy Christmas recipe to make with the kids. One bite and you'll be singing loud, for all to hear!
In the merry mood to bake a Christmas mug cake and sit down to a festive film? We've got you covered! Our delicious chocolate mug cake recipe is all you need to get into the Christmas spirit!
What will I need?
- 50g Anchor butter
- 40g brown sugar
- 40g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp milk choc chips
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- To decorate (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream/ Anchor squirty
- Multicoloured sprinkles
- Crushed candy canes
- Maple syrup
This will be enough to serves 1 mug cake
How to make Christmas elf-tastic mug cake
- Melt your Anchor butter into your fave Christmas mug, then throw in the sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and give it a good mix!
- Stir in the vanilla extract, milk, choc chips and marshmallows, ready to pop into the microwave.
- Now, time to let the magic happen! Pop in the microwave for 40-50 seconds and watch your choc-ilicious creation rise!
- Dollop a scoop of vanilla ice cream or Anchor squirty cream on top, then sprinkle with an elf's main food groups - candy sprinkles, candy cane and syrup! Phwoar- that really is a mug cake fit for an elf!
- Show us your creations on Instagram – it’s @anchor_dairy with #MovieMatches!